Today’s post is for DIY wall hanging jewelry organizers! Lately, all I see on Pinterest are bohemian styled wall hangs, and I absolutely love them! They add such a nice touch to a room, but they are also so simple that I knew I could make one myself, instead of spending a ton of cash!
These wall hangs were SO easy to make, and they are a great way to organize and display your pretty jewelry! I am WAY happier with the results than I thought I would be! I figured they would be cute, but they’re WAY better looking than I dreamed they’d be, and you seriously can’t even tell they were a DIY (a DIY that costs less than $5)!!! Keep reading for step-by-step instructions!
- – M A T E R I A L S –
- Stick- Go to your yard and find a stick that you would like to use.
- Push pins- Push pins are what I use to hang the actual jewelry on.
- String- I used a string with a very natural look to it and almost a straw-like texture, but any non-stretchy string will be fine.
- scissors- to cut the string
- – STEP ONE –
- Step 1 is to find a stick! Find a stick that is whatever size you want to make your jewelry organizer! Make sure the stick is sturdy and not at all rotted. After I found my stick I chipped at it with a paint chipper to get all of the flakiness off, and then I washed it with soap and water. I don’t know if it’s really necessary to wash with soap and water, but that’s what I did lol.
- – STEP TWO –
- Step 2 is to start wrapping each end of the stick with string! Start with one side, tie a knot, and then go around the end of the stick several times with the string. I wouldn’t cut the string off the roll until you’ve completely finished wrapping the first side of the stick and have also decided how low you want the wall hang to hang. From that point, collect about 1 extra wingspan of string to wrap around the other end of the stick.
- – STEP THREE –
- Step 3 is to put the push pins in! You can use any push pins you want. I used tiny yellow ones because that’s what I had, but Target sells a million different options you can choose from! Add as little or as many push pins as you want!
- – STEP FOUR –
- Step 4 = it’s time to hang your jewelry! I made two separate wall hangs, one for earrings, and one for my necklaces!
- Hope you enjoyed this super easy tutorial!
- thanks for reading!
- XX -KK